Basic Things to Know after you’ve decided to say “I DO” to A Wedding Planner
Wedding is one of the best day in everybody life. And to manage a wedding is a tedious job. From planning to execution of wedding is not easy for everyone. So now many opt for wedding planners. Working with wedding planners can become a nightmare if not handled carefully. So you might be thinking.. What are the etiquette for working with a wedding planner? What does wedding planner expect from their clients to contribute? Here are the answers to your questions and worries..
- Communication is the key – This is the first and the foremost thing to do with your wedding planner. Discuss each and every detail in depth that you expect from them. Take out time and arrange a long meeting with your wedding planner so that you can clear all your queries related to cost, your ideas, your expectations for your perfect wedding.The process of communication should be done before and after confirming the wedding planner. After deciding the planner the crucial steps begin. So keep taking updates from your planner about everything.Keep your communication very transparent. Don’t hide anything.Before meeting any planner make a proper list of everything you want so that nothing gets missed out in discussing it with the wedding planner
- Initially lesson your budget – Planning a wedding is very difficult job. From mehnd to vidai ceremony all preparations couldn’t be handled single handedly.So you need a wedding planner. In the begging when you approach a wedding planner dont discuss the actual budget with them. Tell them budget slightly lower than yours actual budget. There will be always unseen expenses during the entire process. So always you need to keep a margin to prohibit problem of money going overboard. Its better to spend less in the starting and bigger in the end.
- Dont hire a planner that is your friend or family member– Its better not to mix personal and professional life because its not fruitful.Usually in the long run it’s seen that relations gets affected. The reason could be that they didn’t meet upto your expectations. Or maybe they don’t agree to your point of view and conversation ends up in heated coversatin.It not only affects your relation but your image as well. Wedding is an auspicious event . So why to create unnecessary problems and waste your time and energy.
- Ask for custom packages.– Some planners have fixed packages in which designs are also fixed. Ask your designer to create a package that is according to your taste and budget.Do you want that your wedding should look same like 10 other wedding in town. No.. right!. So ask your planner to provide with unique options.But if you are fine with repetitive ideas then you can ask your wedding planner for their work samples.
- Dont have unrealistic expectations– Dont get lured by wedding planners for an extraordinary event in an ordinary budget . Usually there are loopholes in such situations which you may not seen in the beginning and afterwards you regret. That is why in the beginning i mentioned communication is the keep. Discuss everything in detail and if wedding planner doesn’t give you satisfied answer or ignore your questions, be smart enough to understand that something if fishy